Dear Music Lover,
The thing is I’m no heiress. I haven’t married a hedge fund manager… and I spend more time writing about macroeconomics for The Daily Reckoning than I do making investments. I’m just 31 years old.
I hope you don’t think me crass, but I’d like to show you something personal. It is money… my money… at least it’s mine for the next few minutes.
Here’s what it looks like…
It’s my annual Christmas bonus. Now, I know what you’re thinking. And I agree with you… it’s not much. (Especially after I’ve paid out my taxes and other deductions.)
But let me ask you this: you could still do something pretty nice with $646.45… couldn’t you?
Because that’s what I hope to do too — “something nice.” I’m about to take my Christmas bonus — every penny of it —and sign it over to PostClassical Ensemble.
Now let me tell you why I’m doing it…
I have served on the Board here at PostClassical since 2010, I reverse-commute to D.C. from Baltimore for meetings and to spend whole weekends at the National Gallery of Art… Dumbarton Church… Strathmore… or Clarice Smith to attend EVERY event that PCE puts on.
I love what they’re doing just that much. Plus, there’s more to do in 2014!
Why Give? 5 Reasons
- PostClassical’s 10th Anniversary season — We need to celebrate our growth and expand further
- Mexican Revolution Festival — Cementing the ties connecting two great nations with the music of Revueltas and the film Redes… with fabulous songstress Eugenia León and other surprise guests
- Britten@100 — the PCE Way — with Ben Capps on cello — Having heard Joe’s newest discovery play at board member Liz Cullen’s house on the Potomac, right across from George’s Mt. Vernon, I say: we’ve got to record this promising talent on his cello named Duchess!
- Uniting the Two Cultural Hotbeds: Baltimore and D.C. — We’re looking to bring every PCE show to a new city — Baltimore — and expand our vision for inclusive programming… working with schools like Peabody and Baltimore School for the Arts. This will take more funds, but I hope you agree it’s well worth it to create the next generation of PostClassical fans and performers.
- Our Partnership with Duke Ellington School of the Arts — Last year, I heard our conductor Angel lead these talented young students in a challenging program including Dvorák’s New World Symphony and was blown away by the results… and I look forward to more in the coming years!
And I’ll let you in on a little secret… if you have not given recently to PCE and you give over $500, you will receive an immediate invitation from the Ambassador of Mexico to our 2014 Mexican Revolution Gala on May 8th at the Mexican Cultural Institute. It’s our first-ever gala event… and I know you’d enjoy meeting the Ensemble, hearing them play and enjoying the Tempranillo in the company of our other esteemed PCE supporters and friends. We’ve got an impressive ten years to celebrate!
Okay, there’s one more little reason I’m hoping you’ll join me and give.
See, I have another check coming to me this year too. Possibly a big one, in the $8,000 range. This one’s for my share of my company’s profits in 2013.
And I promised conductor Angel Gil-Ordóñez that I would sign that entire check over to PostClassical too… but if and ONLY IF you and your fellow donors and friends of the Ensemble can come up with 15 more donation checks, also filled out for at least $500 each.
In other words, if you and 14 friends each donate $500 to the group… I’ll sign over my entire other bonus check too.
It’s like “matching” on steroids. And I’m happy to do it.
By joining me, you’ll be helping too: To support the group. To spread the music. And to help guarantee another exceptional ten years.
I hope you’ll agree to join me, with whatever amount you can give.
I’m not the wealthiest philanthropist, but this is so important that I’m giving at least this much, guaranteed…
And quite possibly, quite a bit more.
And remember, if you give at least $500, you’ll get personally invited to our first-ever gala by the Mexican Ambassador.
To donate, please go to our website at postclassical.com. Or call Mary Marron: 301-651-9794 to use a credit card. Checks can be sent to: PCE, 5104 44th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20016
On behalf PostClassical Ensemble and all the performers, thank you in advance for anything you can give. I hope you’ll come to our gala so I can thank you in person, too.
Either way, let us hear from you soon.
Board Member, PostClassical Ensemble since 2010
P.S. The next time you come to a PostClassical Ensemble concert, be sure to bring a friend too. I hope to hear from you soon! You are the future of PostClassical. You are the future of classical music in America.